For a very important date...
If you're familiar with the rabbit from "Alice in Wonderland" well, that sums up my week. Hectic. Busy. Tiring.
But I've done it.
As last month's winner of The Paper Chef, I've had the privilege & daunting task of selecting a winner. And it wasn't easy.
With four very interesting key ingredients, Figs, Mint, Anchovy & Polenta, I thought that there may be a scarcity of participants. But I was proven wrong... there were 9 eager participants with 11 very different recipes. Excluding myself as last months winner didn't make it any easier.
The contenders were:
- Murasaki from Samurai Viking Cuisine with her Fig Tart with Anchovies
- Amanda from Hunger for New Ways with Polenta and Goat Cheese Pizzettas with Anchovy creme fraiche
- Harini from Cleanplatter with with Minty Mediterranean Croquettes & Grilled olive polenta with minted fig chutney
- Mike (me) from Spikey Mikeys with a Fig Pizza-2 ways (excluded)
- Lori from Lori's Lipsmacking Goodness with double entry paper chef march Minted Fig Canapes & Fig and Olive Tapenade with Polenta Fries
- Janie from Musing RI, etc. with a Anchovy Mint Pesto Pork with Fig Cream Sauce and Ricotta Polenta
- Adrienne was next from Hungry Bruno with a Fig and Mint Meatballs with Anchovy Tomato sauce over Creamy Polenta
- Tanna from My Kitchen In Half Cups with Figs Anchovy Mint Polenta
- Laura from Tiramisu' with Anchovy Pate on Multigrain Crackers
I'll do the easy one first, The Peoples Choice Award goes to a first time participant:
Harini from Cleanplatter with with Minty Mediterranean Croquettes
Congratulations on being select most popular.
And now the hard choice.
The winner of Paper Chef 38 as selected by an esteemed committee of one (me) is another first timer:
Adrienne from Hungry Bruno with her Fig and Mint Meatballs with Anchovy Tomato sauce over Creamy Polenta.
As winner Adrienne will be selecting the random ingredients, and her choice for the next challenge, and selecting the next winner.
So start submitting your ideas for ingredients to email@example.com and challenge yourself.